Newbie (well to here at least)

Hello from Malvern, Worcestershire

Evening all,
    I will be more of a lurker soaking up everything I can for the next few months. I've been wanting to have something american for the last few years but have done nothing about it. Currently doing some odd and sods on my kit car which I'm getting ready for sale in the spring. The hunt is then on for something v8, preferably manual and from the mid to late 60's, not quite sure what yet though.

Regards

John

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Welcome

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    This is a nicely paced place to be, hope you enjoy it.

What kit car are you tinkering with? Large number of differing yanks in that era but would say most will be auto, not all just the majority. Good luck on the search when that time comes.

Newbie (well to here at least)
    It's a MNR vortx, typical lotus 7 shaped deal. I have had it since I was a wee apprentice. The learning curve was vertical (for me at least), and for one reason and another I hated building it, I would love to have another kit and start it again with what I learnt but such is life I suppose eh? Plus I don't and can't use it as much as it should be and as I'd like too, it also has no screen etc so gets cold and damp very quickly. I only live literally 3 minutes from my work so I've always promised myself when I worked closer to home I would buy a v8, there's just something about the sound. It doesn't matter what it is, but to my ears it's the best engine sound. Any way I'm rambling

Might as well be part of the furniture. Gremlin1's Avatar
    Go for it !!!! Philip

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it here!

Site Team
    Quote Originally Posted by 425John View Post
    It's a MNR vortx, typical lotus 7 shaped deal. I have had it since I was a wee apprentice. The learning curve was vertical (for me at least), and for one reason and another I hated building it, I would love to have another kit and start it again with what I learnt but such is life I suppose eh? Plus I don't and can't use it as much as it should be and as I'd like too, it also has no screen etc so gets cold and damp very quickly. I only live literally 3 minutes from my work so I've always promised myself when I worked closer to home I would buy a v8, there's just something about the sound. It doesn't matter what it is, but to my ears it's the best engine sound. Any way I'm rambling
    Great intro, welcome and don't worry, the tastes and interests on here are amazingly diverse. There will be so many people on here that will happily point you in the right direction and get you to where you want to be with your next project and would love to see the car you have already built. Rest assured your experience will be shared by a lot of us on here. Yep, I'm rambling too.

Welcome.