Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Smokey Diesels?

Might as well be part of the furniture.

Smokey Diesels?

In Sin City Motors the usually Cummins Diesels are belting out a lot of black smoke, simply question is why?
    Originally I thought they were being "over fuelled" if that is possible (I know the theory of diesels,but little else)
    then I considered they were injecting into the exhaust.
    Some of the large motorhomes have the option of High Horsepower Cummins (factory built) and the horsepower is not too far adrift from the ones used(650hp I think) , but they would never be that smokey

a bit like smoking tyres...looks cool. Also, its a bit of a middle finger...

The practice is nicknamed "rolling coal". Was used by some diesel trucks to blow black smoke at Priuses.
    See link below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_coal

www.nytimes.com/2016/09/05/business/energy-environment/rolling-coal-in-diesel-trucks-to-rebel-and-provoke.html
    Last edited by fabphil; 18-12-17 at 09:03 PM.

Carburetion 'sucks' !
    Physically within the M25 force field - mentally anywhere else!
    It fills me with as much 'wonder' as the smoky burnouts where the tyres end-up bursting (and also the 'sport' of extreme drifting) all that airborne carcinogenic crap floating around and being ingested by all the dick-heads watching...........diesel particulates are modern day killers........

Coal rolling may also be directed at foreign cars, bicyclists, protesters, and pedestrians.Practitioners cite "American freedom" and "a stand against rampant environmentalism" as reasons for coal rolling.
    That kind of says it all, align that with "the right to arm bears"
    The link says that it can be a switch type system,and that the EPA say it's illegal
    I notice that the alleged supplier of the engines has a liability disclaimer (EPA/CARB) that the customer must sign

It fills me with as much 'wonder' as the smoky burnouts where the tyres end-up bursting (and also the 'sport' of extreme drifting) all that airborne carcinogenic crap floating around and being ingested by all the dick-heads watching...........diesel particulates are modern day killers........
    Can't agree more

Come on though no-one actually likes Prius cars do they, it's a car bought originally to say "oh I am friendly to our planet, eat lettuce and wear woven reed sandals, aren't I good"
    I love collecting my daughter from Brighton in my Chevy Suburban, just because I still can at the moment and the tree huggers hate it. It doesn't say what size the engine is so next time I might put the 7.4l badge on it so they know. Bollocks to them all, slate me if you like but my mind is made up that this world will heal itself of the stuff we do (excluding nukes maybe). Plus I'm on the side that believe the earth is still warming up from the ice age.

When I had a Dodge Tradesman I got the usual questions,.I always gave the same reply "7.8 litre" and "it get 5 on a run"........both of which were lies
    Prius cars
    are the most lethal cars in the world...You're walking across the Tesco car park (with the woolly hat) and they sneak up and try to run you over
    @Fabphil I read that today,oddly I neither shocked or surprised

Quote Originally Posted by dirth View Post
    When I had a Dodge Tradesman I got the usual questions,.I always gave the same reply "7.8 litre" and "it get 5 on a run"........both of which were lies
    Like it, the Sub is a 454 and gets 10/11 mpg on a run. It does have an LPG system so is probably more environmentally friendly than most old motors anyway BUT the LPG system gave up the ghost last time in Brighton so we had to use good old petrol.

Carburetion 'sucks' !
    Physically within the M25 force field - mentally anywhere else!
    Anyone ever driven a Prius? - they have such a 'wooden' ride - just like a Korean import..................

just like a Korean import
    Some aren't that bad Hyundai Genesis Coupe and Saloon (they might be built in the USA tho)

I 'm less than keen on hybrids Either full electric or nothing

Of course Hydrogen might or might not be on the cards.
    I see a certain irony in this article, and a trousering of money
    https://www.airqualitynews.com/2017/...hydrogen-taxi/