of the Croydon Teds

New Year's Day Classic Gathering - Brooklands Museum, Weybridge, Surrey

Well, what are you waiting for? We'll be nine hours into the New Year by the time this event rolls around and Christmas will be on its way! A big chunk of the year will have disappeared by the time the show season starts properly in April or May, and there's not a vast multitude of places to go on New Year's Day, so be at Brooklands.

Vehicular attendance has been recorded in quadruple figures before, so you get your money's worth out of your visit. Rods, customs, Yanks, classics, bikes, commercials, it's got it all and it's all laid out in the wonderful settings of a pre-war motor circuit, complete with a museum of period cars and historic aircraft. If that doesn't do it for you, I don't know what will.

The event is open to anything built before 1988 and takes place from 9am to 4pm.
    Admission is 13.50 for adults (oof, it's gone up a bit) and 7 for kiddies.

https://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/wha...ssic-gathering
    2017 photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/zacks_...66927994/page1

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Looking forward to it, looks like it's going to be dry too
    Will keep an eye out for yeah. Which car are you taking?

Always fancied a chequered roof

Really local these 2 though... there's a van in the stables too

of the Croydon Teds
    Quote Originally Posted by cptpugwash View Post
    Looking forward to it, looks like it's going to be dry too
    Will keep an eye out for yeah. Which car are you taking?
    The Hillman's been giving me a bit of grief lately. What I thought was big end knock turned out to be nothing more serious than a loose crank pulley, but once that was sorted the clutch master cylinder decided to give up while I was on the Rhythm Riot cruise. I replaced that (with an annoying modern replacement with a horrible plastic reservoir) and that got the car going in time for Krispy Kreme, but then the M.O.T. was due and that went badly because the testers didn't want to test the car due to the fairly rapid coolant leak that they found and they didn't want to overheat it.

I knew about the water leak but hadn't been able to locate it, because it was trickling down between the back of the block and the bellhousing so you couldn't see it unless you got right underneath the car. The not getting tested is sort of a blessing in disguise, then, since now I know where the leak is and I don't really want to be driving around in a car leaking that badly anyway.

So that means I'll be in the Anglia! Unless it rains, because with no wipers I might do better to ask my dad if he minds me joining him in his M.G.

I take it you'll be in the Rover? I'll keep a lookout for you.

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    The joys of old car ownership, least that noise was just the pulley