Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuckin gutted!

Might as well be part of the furniture.

Fuckin gutted!

The fire crews have just gone home after fighting the fire in my garage
    Don't know how it started but it was at 6 tonight we heard a bang and went out to the garage to find it blazing.
    A lifetime of tools, single post lift and endless parts, not to mention my Caddy
    Shed caught fire and even the garden fence 9 feet away
    The house windows and gutters have been damaged even next doors sattelite has melted.

At least the house is insured and garage also garage contents up to ten grand which is nowhere near enough but is something

Main thing is that nobody was hurt

OH NO!!!! cannot imagine....bless yer heart.

Like you said, main thing is that yall are alright. Still, I understand that much of the 'stuff' is irreplaceable, even IF there was monetary coverage enough; the replacement stuff just isnt the same. Not only is the new stuff surely of inferior quality, but the old stuff had stories and memories.

hate to hear it man.

Site Team
    I can imagine just how you must feel. Everyone's worst nightmare, like you said, at least everyone is physically ok. Gutted for you.

Feel for you big time. How bad is the Caddy? I would want to know why it started as that would worry me more than anything. Really glad you are all ok and that the insurance will cover some of, if not all, your losses.

I was working on it today stripping the dashboard as it was due to get a new interior in Feb.

No hot work just a bit of heat shrinking ------- but the switch on my hot air gun has been dodgy for a while now

Can't think of anything else it could be.

Came out the garage at half four for dinner and by 6 it was a raging inferno but loads of combustibles in there.

Tried the garden hose but couldn't even see the fire as the smoke was that thick then the water pressure dropped as the hose was melting. This is when I got the f**k away from it and waited for the fire engines.

Garage is four foot from the corner of the house and the patio doors are brown with big bubbles on the verge of going up. The gutters and fascias are gone just glad the firemen listened when I said "just save the house" and put it out first

damn thats a mess
    good that you and yours are safe and your home is relatively untouched.
    feel for you.

Site Team
    Really sorry to see this. Fire is one of those things that scares me with my own cars at home. Glad you're ok.

of the Croydon Teds
    What a pity but, like everyone's said, at least you're alright. Hopefully the Cadillac's not a complete loss and you can get back to normality fairly soon.

REV JIM RACING.
    I'm genuinely gutted for you mate..

Gutted for you. Worst thing that could happen in a garage. Hopefully the insurance will cover things.