Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuckin gutted!

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Very very sad, but at least you are all safe. Electrical things worry me these days; you never know where they are made even from the big name makers.

Part of the furniture
    So sad to see.
    Sorry, Fella.

Desparado
    Real sorry to see n hear Rumble. Everybodys worse nightmare.

Just come off the phone to some sort of car insurance investigators.
    After a load of questions she asks about the claim for a burned out car at the property about a year ago.
    I explained it wasn't at the property but about 4 miles away when my boys mk2 Golf caught fire while he was driving it.
    Then tells me she was going to send a letter with more questions and maybe a forensic officer(one already coming from house insurers)
    At this point I got a little agitated and asked if she had seen photos of the car and if she had she would see it was stunning and that I sunk my redundancy into it to buy it.
    I felt she was insinuating I torched my own car.
    I went on to say that she should see the devastation here and that my partner is still bursting into tears at the thought of what if we had been in bed etc

I then apologised for getting a little pissed and ended the call.

I know they like to take your money but not pay it out but they just don't look at the full picture (blood suckers)

Carburetion 'sucks' !
    Driving 'round the M25 so fast the centrifugal force is forcing my face against the side window!
    Perhaps a gentle 'reminder' to them that you might consider a one of these professional insurance claims mediators might help them concentrate more on your case.
    BTW - really sorry to hear about what has happened here - I have been carrying a large fire extinguisher in my Vette for years - and always disconnect battery - also have a CO2 extinguisher in the kitchen. None of these are any use (as you have unfortunately found) if you not in the room and unaware of the fire.................sad, very sad.
    One of our Vette guys over at Basildon or Pitsea had his car on a two post ramp mid last year at a local garage whilst the guys were underneath with the engine running looking for a transmission or oil leak. The ramp collapsed, injuring (not seriously I believe) one of the mechanics and the car fell off the ramp, nose down, wrecking the front-end, bending the chassis and 'writing it off'.

Site Team
    Some may have seen the posts on FB this week. A well known and respected drag racer has been putting together a top end panel van for 5 years, a very high quality build. It has been in for paint at a shop with a good reputation for high class work on better cars. The paint shop burnt down last week. The paintshop owner had no insurance...

I deal with warranty (insurance) companies all the time. The only advice I can offer is to be polite, cooperative and stand your ground. They will try EVERYTHING to catch you out, put the blame on you, search (for weeks) to find a way of getting out of their responsibilities, but if you are doing everything right, they should have no choice.

It may be, depending on the loss value, time to pay for someone like a forensic investigator to represent you.

They call insurance a white man's curse and in my experience that's about right. Pay for it over decades and the one time you need them to cover something they run away screaming. Perhaps since the government is now taxing insurance premiums they should also step up and sort this con out.....

I hope with all my heart you come out of this with your just deserve.
    G

Quote Originally Posted by V8Rumble View Post
    Just come off the phone to some sort of car insurance investigators.
    After a load of questions she asks about the claim for a burned out car at the property about a year ago.
    I explained it wasn't at the property but about 4 miles away when my boys mk2 Golf caught fire while he was driving it.
    Then tells me she was going to send a letter with more questions and maybe a forensic officer(one already coming from house insurers)
    At this point I got a little agitated and asked if she had seen photos of the car and if she had she would see it was stunning and that I sunk my redundancy into it to buy it.
    I felt she was insinuating I torched my own car.
    I went on to say that she should see the devastation here and that my partner is still bursting into tears at the thought of what if we had been in bed etc

I then apologised for getting a little pissed and ended the call.

I know they like to take your money but not pay it out but they just don't look at the full picture (blood suckers)

I understand how aggravated you must feel when they ask stupid questions or drag up previous stuff but keep calm at all times, get whatever you can in writing or failing that tell them you are recording the conversation for "training purposes" log who you spoke to at each time and make them wait till you have written whatever you need down.
    Go through your insurance documents just to make sure what you are claiming for it covered (I've come unstuck more than once from assuming things in the cover and not getting it as written confirmation).
    I would assume you had an agreed valuation on the Caddy so once the forensic people have done their bit you should be fine as any idiot can see it is totalled and that you and all your's were lucky it didn't do the whole house a well.
    As uncle fad has said they are happy to take our money but when it comes to paying out they will try everything to not pay until they realise they have to. If you don't get what is owing or you feel that you have been bullied you can always report them to the insurance ombudsman and get them to look at all the information.
    Hope this is just them justifying their own jobs before they agree and pay up. Good luck.

Sorry to read about your fire, can't imagine what it must have been like. Glad nobody was hurt though
    Last thing you need now is insurance agro so soon after the event. Hope things get sorted real soon for you both

Quote Originally Posted by Plumpcars View Post
    Some may have seen the posts on FB this week. A well known and respected drag racer has been putting together a top end panel van for 5 years, a very high quality build. It has been in for paint at a shop with a good reputation for high class work on better cars. The paint shop burnt down last week. The paintshop owner had no insurance...
    Similar happened to the editor of PPC mag Will Holman with his mk1 Perrana Capri.
    He had agreed a sale for about 30k and the garage that was prepping it for sale burnt down with no insurance.
    They since have a fully equipped new premise.
    He got offered some derisory amount and as far as I know is stuck with it.