Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Fuckin gutted!

REV JIM RACING.
    Not seen that Steve.. guessing by the term" well respected drag racer" it's not me then.

My garage has a separate fuse box.i now turn that off even if stuffs not turned on.

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    That's something I will look into as well as a sprinkler system that I can start from outside the building should the need arise

Site Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Torment View Post
    Not seen that Steve.. guessing by the term" well respected drag racer" it's not me then.

My garage has a separate fuse box.i now turn that off even if stuffs not turned on.
    It's Tony Betts Liam.

REV JIM RACING.
    That's a real shame Steve.tonys a great guy...and he's got a wicked funny car.

Thought I would update this.

After a lot of stressful phone calls and emails between myself and the claims management Company the car insurance appointed I received a cheque today for the car.

I reported the claims management company to KGM the insurers and they are pursueing it properly

Basically after as good as accusing me of the fire they then sat around waiting on a fire brigade report, which should take two weeks but after five weeks I had to chase it up myself and get the brigade to send it to them.

Their name is Robertsons Claims Management so be aware they are not very good at what they do.

KGM hit me 7 grand low but within ten minutes of my knockback agreed the full price, they also waived my 250 excess as an apology for the shoddy treatment from Robertsons.

I now await the loss adjusters response to the contents lists but so far they have been great geTting the house insurance (Priveledge part of the Direct Line Group) to forward money for the windows and 5 grand in lieu of the full amount.

Thanks for the support and the advice not to let them bully you and to stand up to them

The settlement is nice but tainted as it was a beautiful car and yet another classic has disappeared.

Thought of jacking it all in but gave myself a good kick up the arse got back in the saddle and took a gamble and a loan that I can pay back now to buy this.

All original with real patina and battle scars,back to scaring dogs and old people

Last edited by V8Rumble; 09-03-18 at 08:54 PM.

Really pleased that you gave yourself a kick up the backside, after a traumatic experience like you had you need to have something to enjoy or else what is it all about.
    Glad you stuck up to the insurance people as well, the good weather will be with us soon so the house can get sorted as well.
    The old ride i dead long live the new ride

great news
    no doubt its been a horrible experience but good to see you coming through it with a positive attitude and a nice new ride

Site Team
    The thing is that you knew you were in the right, no fiddle going on. It was well worth fighting and respect to you for doing so. Nice buy as well!

of the Croydon Teds
    Give it a few weeks and the sun'll come out, you'll go for a drive and sport a grin that practically splits your face in half! As other people have said, 'pity about the hassle' doesn't really come close but you're out of it now and it's onwards and upwards.

Well done. Stood your ground and won.