Newbie (well to here at least)

Theres a consultataion going on that effects the BIVA test we must act now!!!!!

hey i know this is my first post,

The govt is meddleing again - they are proposing ALL cars undergoing BIVA will, from JUNE THIS YEAR have to meet CURRENT levels of emissions standards as do new OEM cars.

This will kill all current & future builds dead!!!!

The 'consultation' give us only to the end of MARCH 2018 to respond or it will be written into law.

Whether you believe it affects you or not - write to your MP and the transport secretary NOW or it may well be the end of legal car modifying forever - I kid you not!!!

A facebook page with downloadable letters is available so you can use them as templates here; link

And the Govt dov is here; link

The scary sections are 4.4 to 4.13.

Please do not ignore this, share it with everyone you can and lets get this stupid idea stopped dead.

You can download a copy of a response here; link

So here's the bit for ALL CONSULTATION RESPONSES AND COMMENTS / QUESTIONS TO BE COPIED TO:

As Minister for Roads, Local Transport and Devolution

If you are writing to Jesse in his capacity as Minister for Roads, Local Transport and Devolution please write to:

Jesse Norman MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Roads, Local Transport and Devolution

e-mail jesse.norman@dft.gsi.gov.uk and use the subject line Transport Enquiry.

I have just spoken to someone in the office of Andy McDonald MP for Middlesborough. He is the Shadow Minister for Transport.

What a difference at his office...

EVERYONE on here who responds to the "Consultation" has been asked to copy their response (AND any questions / observations which have been sent to Mr Norman as well) to his office:

Mr Andy McDonald MP

Middlesbrough Constituency Office

Unit 4, Broadcasting House, Newport Road, Middlesbrough, TS1 5JA
    Telephone: 01642 246574

Email: info@andymcdonaldmp.org

(email preferred)

They understood the urgency and I was told that Andy McDonald WILL act on this if he is copied in to all that is sent to Mr Norman.

Hope this is of use.

thank you for your time

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    I will be honest here, I would prefer this stuff is left to the guys on the RnS site. We have kept this off TU for years and while I know its relevant it pisses me off so much I don't want to be faced with it when I check out the latest threads here.

Of course this is just my humble opinion, but politics, which this is, and religion is something we have been free of since day 1.

You are now free to say I have my head in the sand....

YOU HAVE YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.

Well you did say I could

I concur with what you have said and love the fact that this site dose not go all over the top when legal stuff gets posted BUT I don't mind been told about this kind of stuff so long as it doesn't end up with a massive thread going on about the possibilities of this or that etc which is all speculation and peoples interpretation of whatever the latest issue might be. One post saying what is what then end of, take up the option of discussing it somewhere else.

Oh and as an aside and to carry this thread on further, ooops sorry, this must be fairly serious as even the NSRA are putting their noses in to stop this happening.

I'll get my coat uncle fad.

thanks to fabphil and newbie tosh for posting the consultation links.
    i will do the online survey though the cynic in me doubts it will change anything its important that we try.

beyond that i,m 100% with mr fad so i,ll go and post up some cars n girls n stuff before we start getting depressed