Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Spent the whole of this last weekend upside down in the footwell of the vette, as someone at GM thought it funny to put the fuse box up under the dash on the bulkhead just to the left of the drivers feet.

After failing to rectify the issue (still no tail lights, dash lights or stop lights), the thing nearly caught fire, but then I remembered it isn't fully insured yet so put the can of petrol away.

Miffed would be an understatement.

Carburetion 'sucks' !
    Driving 'round the M25 so fast the centrifugal force is forcing my face against the side window!
    Rear lighting issue - is it an earth problem. Similar issues with mine many yeas ago - earth 'tag' from loom to frame at rear of car (close to rear light location) was present and unbroken...........further investigation showed that the wire had 'black wire disease' - (copper cable internally corroded) whilst cable visually intact was breaking-up and intermittently open circuit.

I will have to look and see if a similar issue is happening but for the moment I've walked away. I will do something else for a while and then get back on it.

Up date time.
    I managed to sort out the brake lights as it was as I suspected something to do with the brake light switch, one of the wires was cut somewhere when I was replacing the steering column.
    The headlight switch was an altogether different story and to be brutally honest I'm still not sure what it was that eventually got the side lights to work. I fitted the new switch and they didn't work, I messed with the old switch, still no go, I swapped bits from one switch to another, still not working.
    In the end I went right back to basic's and put power directly off the battery to the side light wire and they worked, so still thinking the switch.
    The switch actually has three power feeds to it, (I originally thought only two), one for the side lights, one for the dash and dimmer system and another for the headlights. All three had twelve volts going to the switch but when I pulled the switch to the side light position the side light power went to milli volts instead of a constant 12 volts, this is what I wasn't able to comprehend, eventually I pulled and prodded every single plug wire I could find up under the dash until one of the plugs I was pulling and pushing started to activate and deactivate a relay in the centre console area, eventually I pushed and pulled so much that the activating and deactivating stopped and suddenly I had all the side lights working.
    I have no idea which plug it was, but after a week the lights are still functioning as they should so I will leave well alone now, just happy they work as it got very close to ripping the whole cars wiring out and putting in an EZ wire or similar complete wiring system in it.
    Still have a few other wiring gremlins but slowly getting there and it is at least useable as is.

Just in time for winter

Yes fun in the snow with a c3