Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Might as well be part of the furniture.

Did a bit of research and I need to add some sort of plasticiser into the 2K paint otherwise it will be too hard and even stones will chip it easily, so on to evilbay and I have ordered some, apparently just add 10 -15% in the mix and it should be ok. Time will definitely tell on that one.

Who knew B&Q did stainless steel bolts and nuts? well they do so now the steel/stainless steel fixings have all their threads back and welded in place.

Whilst I'm waiting for the flexi additive for the paint I will glass up the holes where the front spoiler and wheel spats were held on to the body. After taking the spoiler and spats off but before removing the bumper I decided I liked the look without, I won't be going 150mph in this so don't think the lack of spoiler will be detrimental to the handling of it. I may change my mind further down the road but if I do then it will just be a case of drilling six holes and refitting.

Managed to fill the holes, just need to do a bit of sanding down and then that bit is done. I then went and started to rub down the front of the car below the headlights as once the front nose is back on I will not be able to do this without damaging the new paint on the nose, so my idea is to prep the front for up to about 2" from the nose back and when I eventually do a respray I can blend in the new paint to this bit and fingers crossed it won't show up.

In other news I bought a pair of LED lamps for the main beam lights. As anyone with an old chevy will probably know, if you put lamps that are rated above about 55Watts then you run the risk of burning out your switch/harness or just loosing your headlights, well as can be guessed I put 100Watt lamps in the main beam lights years ago and when driving at night, switch them to main beam and after about 30 seconds ALL the headlights went out. You have to switch them off and back on again as dipped beam and you have lights again, switch back to main beam and it all starts again.
    So my 7.00 H1 lamps turned up and I thought I would see what they are like.

Can you guess which one is the main beam trouble is now the other one looks really bad (they were not good to start with hence my original Halogen upgrade). I might invest in some Hi/Low H4 Leds for the outer lights now I know that they don't draw so much power and that they stay on main beam for longer than 30 seconds.