Might as well be part of the furniture.

Double stacked blowers, what's the point?

Looking at some of Stiff and Wannab's posts (plus a bit bored this evening) of rootes type blowers on engines I was wondering what was the point of double stacking blowers other than because you can or to show some engineering skills.

Am I totally wrong in that the amount of air that you can force into the engine with one of these types of blowers is a constant just engine speed changes, so if the top blower is running at it's maximum the blower below can't draw more air through the top one because the rotors are clearanced to the casing

I get two side by side set up's as you get double the boost, just not double stacked.

I saw a Capri at wheels day with a rover V8 plus double stacked 4/71 blowers topped off with a 4 barrel Holley, it also had nitrous via a plate under the Holley, there must surely be a delay between hitting the nitrous button and the engine getting the use of it.

Just musing and bored, sorry.

REV JIM RACING.
    Gay as a bag of dicks..twin side by side blowers work much better...twin prochargers look ace.

Quote Originally Posted by stilltrying View Post
    Looking at some of Stiff and Wannab's posts (plus a bit bored this evening) of rootes type blowers on engines I was wondering what was the point of double stacking blowers other than because you can or to show some engineering skills.

Am I totally wrong in that the amount of air that you can force into the engine with one of these types of blowers is a constant just engine speed changes, so if the top blower is running at it's maximum the blower below can't draw more air through the top one because the rotors are clearanced to the casing

I get two side by side set up's as you get double the boost, just not double stacked.

I saw a Capri at wheels day with a rover V8 plus double stacked 4/71 blowers topped off with a 4 barrel Holley, it also had nitrous via a plate under the Holley, there must surely be a delay between hitting the nitrous button and the engine getting the use of it.

Just musing and bored, sorry.
    that

Thank's for confirming my musings, strange things go through my mind when I'm bored

Who's got the biggest lens in the camera club; stuff

for comparison heres a Capri with just the one blower

Last edited by wannaB; 08-05-18 at 07:16 PM.