Settling in

Converting 4 barrel carb to EFI?

Guys!
    Today I've been tinkering with a mates car. BelAir with a stock 454 big block.
    He bought the MSD Atomic 4 barrel EFI kit.

I was amazed at how easy it was to programme this kit. The major faff is to replace the fuel lines and fit the high pressure pump + weld a bung in for the Lambda probe. After that its all plug and play.

https://www.msdperformance.com/produ...tbi/parts/2900

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Got a 22mm tap just for the sensor. Had to buy one for the T headers.
    G

Not too bad a price with the discount, would love to hear how it performs on the road and if the mpg goes up or down and how the cold and hot starting performance is.

Carburetion 'sucks' !
    Driving 'round the M25 so fast the centrifugal force is forcing my face against the side window!
    Wonder how well the MSD system deals with a engine that has a low vacuum signal? - where typically with a Holley you'd need to tweak the 4 corner idle and idle air bleed to get a 'clean' idle?

From what I have read years the years this 'add on' is one of the best you can do. The early versions, although called 'self learn' where a bit basic and still needed someone who knew how to map an engine as a base line starting point. Over the years these have been improved to a point where it is virtually plug n play.

There are now so many mapping guys around, due to the abundance of young un's who have their Golfs, A3 etc upgraded that there are plenty to choose from if you wish to go down that route.

If you remember I mentioned Arron, my old buds son. We have become heavily involved with DSG over the last couple of years and now offer gearbox mapping for cars with upgraded engine maps. Standard DSG clutches will take up to 500nm with a map. Makes you wonder... guy with an A3 last week paid 650 quid for a gearbox map only to be told his clutches were worn out. Nest day he sent Arron pics of the engine and trans out on his drive and no douby, it will arrive for a new Race Clutch in the next few days..... sorry I'm woffeling.

Back to the efi. No too hard to map yourself if you have some background, like Mike does. Pel. I say go for it.
    G