Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    of the Croydon Teds

The most expensive tyre bill will probably end up with this fella, though, whose '63 Austin-Healey Sprite is helped along by a two-litre Zetec and five-speed 'box

1943 Indian had nowt to do with the sprinting, but looked cool as hell regardless

Cool '57 Beetle had the look of a show car but turned out to have plenty of 'go' as well. Unfortunately, it was the only casualty of the event, when some exuberant corner treatment caused the rear wing to bend on contact with the hay bales.

1938 Fiat 508C TT was one of the more unusual cars to tackle the hill. I think the young fella driving it had been let loose behind the wheel of his granddad's car - lucky bastard...

1934 Austin Seven Special was built around a Ruby chassis, was only completed last year and won my heart. I don't know if it was quite alright, though, since it took the hill very slowly and most stripped-down Sevens are extremely sprightly. The ally panels and ash frame can hardly have weighed it down much.
    Last edited by Nigel Incubator-Jones; 17-05-18 at 10:34 PM.

of the Croydon Teds

This shot, I think, best exemplifies the brilliant, relaxed, grass roots nature of the event. No fancy timing equipment, some old scaffolding for a start line, and a '61 F-100 for a course car rather than the latest electric drivel provided by the local Nissan dealer or some such tedious sponsorship arrangement.

I think the best noise of the day came from this VHRA-worthy Flathead '30/'31 Model A

1935 Auburn 851 made its ascents sedately, but gracefully

We'll close with this Sarf London bruiser of a Mk. I Zephyr, the well-established Alan Lampard car that he's owned for about 40 years and run as a full-blown custom since the early '80s. I believe the engine is still the same Ford 302 lump that it's run for a long time.

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    is it just me or do the pics seem a bit slow loading on this thread

very interesting selection as usual though Mr Incubator-Jones

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Incubator-Jones View Post

I reckon our Flyover Zone correspondent might appreciate this Alfa Romeo GTAm
    You are quite correct Mr I-J ; be still my beating heart!
    As for the 55 wagon... cursory perusal would indicate lowering as stated, as well as being 'nosed'. Beyond that, all the 'trickness' may be somewhat hidden, or my observation lacking...as for the wheels, immediate reaction would indeed be some [painted to match] Chevrolet rallyes in 6 or 7 inch trim. However... rallyes centre cap attaches 'inside out' , and these appear to be stock 55 hubcaps, which pop on 'outside in' if I remember correctly, so not too sure about the wheels. The slots look a bit off from std rallye wheel, so these may be one of Stocktons products. Whatever the differences, its a neat wagon.