Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    of the Croydon Teds

You've never seen this before!

Unless you were at Beaulieu yesterday, or you saw the post on RnS last night... Assuming, however, you visited neither, I present Metropolis:

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Wow! [other than the airbrush thing] that is cool! Grille/lights look Peugeot-ish, but beyond that, Im at a bit of a loss; cut down wagon of some sort I reckon, or is it all hand fabricated? A Figoni & Falaschi Hudson pickup maybe? [] whatever, its neat...but Im a sucker for Deco anyway.

Overall looks cool but the rear cab windows HMMMMMM!!!!

of the Croydon Teds
    I like the Figoni et Falaschi suggestion, but it is nothing so exotic as that! It's a 1939 Peugeot 202 with coachbuilt pick-up bodywork (as distinct from the factory pick-ups). If you see what it used to be like, I suspect it is mostly new, hand-fabricated bodywork either side of the cab, but remaining sympathetic to the original coachbuilt form.
    http://www.andysaunders.net/peugeot-202/

For our American friends, I very much doubt Andy Saunders is known on your shores, but he's probably the best-known British custom car builder ever and the Hot Rod & Custom Drive-In at Beaulieu coincided with the opening of the National Motor Museum's new exhibition Andy Saunders: The Art of Kustom. The opening was marked by the unveiling of Metropolis, Saunders' latest completed project.

Now that I've started, it would be a pity not to follow up with more photos from the exhibition and the show. I should say that the exhibition isn't actually too much to get excited about (nothing to do with the cars or Mr. Saunders, but it was let-down by a cramped, overcrowded layout courtesy of Beaulieu), but the show was fantastic and brought some very significant cars out of hiding.

Not for me i'm afraid.

Think its a fabulous looking car, (jmo though) and looks like hes done a great job going by what the car used to look like in Nigels link
    Although must admit don't quite understand the mural, but will hopefully catch it a show to check it out in the flesh

Quite like Beaulieu, but have read quite a few hot n cold comments about that show, although thought it looked pretty good going by the FB pics that popped up

Carburetion 'sucks' !
    Driving 'round the M25 so fast the centrifugal force is forcing my face against the side window!
    I have to say that whilst I appreciate some of his previous builds this (for me) is an uncomfortable mix of styles. The central strake over the cab and down the centre of the windscreen is at odds with the flowing lines. The front windscreen surround and side windows are at odds in styling terms. Even the side 'spears' seem too heavy for the vehicle and plays against the belt line IMHO
    Last edited by roscobbc; 18-06-18 at 10:39 PM.

i think thats a very beautiful vehicle there
    underneath the exoskeleton

It does absolutely nothing whatsoever for me. Nada. Sure, the fabrication work and finish is second to none and I'll bet the underneath is just as amazing but as a whole? Nicht.
    Now the previous build - the Cord - now THAT was a whole different league of beauty ('cept the paint - that definitely didn't work for me)

REV JIM RACING.
    Beautiful...no need for the airbrushing...