Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Desparado

Barmy to Barcelona !

Some of you that know me may know I had a milestone birthday in the summer. Unfortunately it wasnt 21 (again) or 40 !

So to celebrate my 50th myself and a few similar age mates have signed up on The Barmy to Barcelona Wacky Rally.
    This is a Rally that covers 9 countries in 4 days (6th - 9th July) in a car thatís been bought for £350. As its a Wacky Rally, the car needs to be transformed from old / boring / mundane into something Wacky to make the drive more fun.
    The chosen vehicle for us is a 1 careful owner ex London Taxi Metro cab thatís covered a low mileage 350,000 miles (hopefully another 2000 will be no problem). With the aid of Master Mechanics / a lot of yellow / make do props / divine inspiration (need a kin of this !!) we will be transforming it into Thunderbird 4 !!

We are doing the Rally in support of 2 Charities that are close to us, The Parkinsonís Society & The St Helena Hospice and have set up donation pages if anybody would like to donate & help us achieve our £1000 target.

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/SteveCutmore

https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/
    http://www.sthelenahospice.org.uk/

Here are a couple of videos of previous Rallyís to get an idea of what we will be doing.

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Looks interesting...
    BTW, I happen to know of a couple of persons with rather extensive rally experience here on the forum...they might be coerced into helping out for a not unreasonable remuneration given the level of talent/experience they represent, should you wish to add an air of professionalism to your effort....

Looks like fun; enjoy! And oh, to be 50 again...

Donation made

Wish I could go along sounds like a great laugh

Desparado
    Quote Originally Posted by malamute john View Post
    Looks interesting...
    BTW, I happen to know of a couple of persons with rather extensive rally experience here on the forum...they might be coerced into helping out for a not unreasonable remuneration given the level of talent/experience they represent, should you wish to add an air of professionalism to your effort....

Looks like fun; enjoy! And oh, to be 50 again...
    I very much doupt theres anything professional about what we are doing John lol

Desparado
    Quote Originally Posted by V8Rumble View Post
    Donation made

Wish I could go along sounds like a great laugh
    Thanks for ya kind donation Mr Rumble.

Its going to be a great laugh (not sure how funny mountain roads in a 350k Taxi will be tho)

I will be posting up a few pics of the T'urd 4 soon.

Desparado
    Made its maiden launch today to a couple of pub meets.
    Was better than I thought at 70 and drivers seat its pretty comfortable. Rattle like hell inside tho. Oh n might need to sort iffy fuel gauge as guess there aint many gas stops over Swiss Alps ?

Big thanks to all that have sponsered me on line or cash at meets. We are now over our planned target but will be great to push it even more

Desparado
    Right, nearly time to launch it !
    Anybody who is on M25, M20 or M2 on Thursday may see some wacky cars Dover bound.
    If you see this, hoot n flash like a loon lol

Old enough to know better
    Have a great time mate. I did one of these a few years back with a bunch of guys from RnS and we had a riot !!

Desparado
    Well, we went (slowly on some of it), drove it all and finished !

Drove nearly 2000 miles with 47 other crazy teams and had a fantastic time from start to finish.
    Only 2 little probs along the way, ran outa fuel cos gauge didnt workbut had couple cans in boot. Oh and ran outa brakes while coming down the Swiss Alps !
    We have raised over £2k for charity so real pleased. Thunderturd 4 has now retired in the Spanish sun.

Pics to follow