Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Life in general

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Mr KCG!!! So glad to see you! Thought maybe you didnt like us any more er sumpin... You oughta let somebody know when yer gonna be gone so we won't worry... [seriously, I have been a little concerned]
    Anyway, glad youre back, and really hate that my first response to your first post is mildly contrary, but I must disagree some with what you say. Yes, every day is a gift, and at many of our advancing age[s] , even more so. Indeed we should try and use them wisely and enjoy. Certainly be thankful that many of us grew up in / got to experience some great times. However, just 'letting it go' is one of the reasons we're in this mess. The time comes, and has come long ago, when we just have to say 'NO'. As a wise man once said ' The price of liberty is eternal vigilance'.

Glad to see youre back. Hope your trip was enjoyable and profitable.

Carburetion 'sucks' !
    Driving 'round the M25 so fast the centrifugal force is forcing my face against the side window!
    Quote Originally Posted by wannaB View Post
    slavery, empire building, whaling, wearing fur or watching St Trinians films are socially unacceptable now and anyone linked to such things is now vilified and will soon be erased from history.

If you hunt, fish, smoke, believe that a mixed sex couple raising children is normal, eat anything other than tofu and quinoa or heaven forbid drive an internal combustion powered vehicle you will be just as harshly judged by future generations.
    Please add university degrees to this list. Why is it that employers advertising for more or less any vacancy other than pushing a broom around state that applicants must have a degree? - doesn't matter a flying f*ck what the degree is - you must have a degree.
    The usual excuse is that people with degrees have an 'interest' in furthering themselves and per se the time and trouble getting a degree in, say media studies signifies to the world that this applicant is a push ahead sort of person (and not the time wasting loser they really are)
    So several generations later all of these tosser grade employees (all with degrees in totally irrevelant fields have also contributed to the general malaise of education standards within whatever line of work they are employed in - and of course they will also be instrumental in only employing staff with degrees when its their time to take-on staf........and so we move on.

Its a bit like the argument from employers that they are unable to get staff - they complain about advertising 'going rate' wages but don't get applicants - answer - "why not offer a wage better than statutory minimum"? pay peanuts - get monkeys (so to speak)
    How come minority 'lifestyle' and 'sexual proclivity' means that 'us' (generalising here) who are of the 'majority' are sidelined by miniscule minority factions - LGBT or whatever FFS!

How come for years high level political and public figures can be supposedly 'outed' and named as part of a high level paedo ring by just one person? the police without any discretion for years have investigated and made public the now proved false allegations and the instigator has himself been jailed.
    The important question missed is why have the senior police officials who allowing this case (and the Cliff Richards one) to proceed 'in the public eye' not been prosecuted themselves as accessories to a public malicious campaign?
    Last edited by roscobbc; 27-07-19 at 02:03 PM.

Perhaps we should have a "where did it go wrong and how can we fix it" thread.

I agree with everything said and it's kind of comforting that the majority on this site if not all, including our very own youngster, are of the same opinions.

Further to the University debate, I wanted all my kids to go to Uni, not for the forced education and certainly not for the never to be paid off fees, but for the life experience. All my girls went (one still at) to university as far away as we could get them, this ensured that they had to meet people they didn't know, live with people they had only just met, eventually find a house or flat with like minded people and budget for rent, food etc. My son is the only one that didn't go to Uni and to be frank he is a knob! has no idea about budgeting for food, drink, rent etc. and most of his mates are the same.

As for companies only wanting degree educated people, I work for a couple of large corporations now and then, if you don't have a degree you can only get to a certain level of management and it doesn't matter how much more you know or how long you have been there that is your limit as well as your pay grade limit. One of the companies has been going on about how good they are as they have taken on some apprentices, BOLLOCKS!!! the ones they have taken on are the cream of the crop in as much as they all have passed "A" levels and at very good grades, that is not what apprentices should be about, it should be for those that are not so great at academic things but who are good with their hands or tools and can be trained actually doing work.

I'll finish off with MR. KCG where was your written request for leaving the site for six months?

Old enough to know better
    Ah. Must have got lost in the post.......

Quote Originally Posted by roscobbc View Post
    Please add university degrees to this list. Why is it that employers advertising for more or less any vacancy other than pushing a broom around state that applicants must have a degree? - doesn't matter a flying f*ck what the degree is - you must have a degree.
    The usual excuse is that people with degrees have an 'interest' in furthering themselves and per se the time and trouble getting a degree in, say media studies signifies to the world that this applicant is a push ahead sort of person (and not the time wasting loser they really are)
    So several generations later all of these tosser grade employees (all with degrees in totally irrevelant fields have also contributed to the general malaise of education standards within whatever line of work they are employed in - and of course they will also be instrumental in only employing staff with degrees when its their time to take-on staf........and so we move on.

Its a bit like the argument from employers that they are unable to get staff - they complain about advertising 'going rate' wages but don't get applicants - answer - "why not offer a wage better than statutory minimum"? pay peanuts - get monkeys (so to speak)
    How come minority 'lifestyle' and 'sexual proclivity' means that 'us' (generalising here) who are of the 'majority' are sidelined by miniscule minority factions - LGBT or whatever FFS!

How come for years high level political and public figures can be supposedly 'outed' and named as part of a high level paedo ring by just one person? the police without any discretion for years have investigated and made public the now proved false allegations and the instigator has himself been jailed.
    The important question missed is why have the senior police officials who allowing this case (and the Cliff Richards one) to proceed 'in the public eye' not been prosecuted themselves as accessories to a public malicious campaign?
    Dont get me started on University either Mr Rosco...
    the real problem tho - in an area you bring up - is all the 'elites' that have been proven beyond any doubt being involved in those paedo rings - as well as murder, extortion, treason etc etc [yes, Im talking about you hillary and friends] yet never see ANY prosecution? THERES the real issue...
    I won't get started...
    nice to see you too Mr Rosco - you have been absent plenty lately ; I assume Mr Stilltrying has a copy of your note...
    Last edited by malamute john; 28-07-19 at 08:26 PM.

Carburetion 'sucks' !
    Driving 'round the M25 so fast the centrifugal force is forcing my face against the side window!
    Incestuous - that is is the best way of describing employers who demand Uni degrees for what are basic fundamental jobs that have no need for an applicant with a geology or ancient greek studies degree or the hundreds, possibly thousands of students going for some of the 'easy' options (like a media study degree only to find out that there are probably less than 20 vacancies nationally....... Incestuous, why? - because the middle and upper management need to continue the 'old school tie' methods. As you may guess I do not possess any degrees (nor do I want to) - who was it that said "I wouldn't join any club that would be prepared to accept me as a member"- at a time when so many finish high school and expect on to further education for the next few years, effectively exclude themselves from the 'real world' for the next 4 or 5 years I was at the tuniversity of life.......
    Last edited by roscobbc; 28-07-19 at 11:38 PM.

Incestuous is indeed an accurate word, but i would argue that its not the 'old school tie' group ; that bunch actually made things work. No, the new mob is staunchly marxists, tyrannical to the point that would make stalin blush and anti - everything that the school tie group was, everything normal, decent and European.
    Degrees are a matter of relative usefulness as you state ; I have degrees, and they are much like secondary accelerator pumps on a one barrel carburettor... Their ONLY function as it turned out was to get my foot in the door for job[s] that sucked. University - when it was actually university and not merely an indoctrination centre comprised of 'safe spaces' and hate-for-everything-right-and-decent mogering with a healthy sideshow of perversion - had a genuine use for certain arenas ; engineering, medicine and the sciences. beyond that, it was mostly and is now completely a waste of time. Except...to get your foot into the door for a job that probably doesnt need a degree anyway...

Part of the furniture
    Just as well I've been AWOL. (Computer & other problems)

I am trying hard to avoid turning into Victor Meldrew - harder since turning 60, it seems...

Don't get me started !

Nice to be back ...

Welcome back Victor, the more the merrier or grumpier