Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Life in general

Might as well be part of the furniture.

Life in general

Well, just a moan about things really. I have a couple of threads going in the garage bit but nothing has gotten done for a while as life just keeps getting in the way.
    This past week and a half, I have had to have the mini digger starter motor rebuilt, not the easiest thing to get at but I managed in the end, this was followed by the alternator that I knew wasn't well but I decided that I may as well get that done, so that is now with the auto electrician.
    Then the wifes Mini cooper has decided to spring a leak in the top corner of the radiator, not particularly old but the crimp joint to the header is leaking and looks a bit weak, so that is going to have to be done, which is a front end removal, bin there done that so know what to expect.
    Then there was my lads Golf which needed it's starter motor looking at, this time no rebuild necessary just a good clean up and a better earth strap.
    This weekend was doing some house painting on the outside, so most of the weekend was taken up with that, but as my lad is about to move to a small house I thought I would get the Suburban sorted for the MOT, I had already ordered the track rod ends and fitted them, need to track it up but the gauges are hiding somewhere so that will get done when I find them. Looking over the rest of the Sub I noticed that one of the rear brake drums had what looked like a leak of fluid from somewhere, so this evening I jacked it up, undid 24 nuts, YES 24 of the buggers as the wheel trim in the centre is held on with eight plastic nuts, then there are the eight wheel nuts themselves and then there was a further eight wheel nuts holding the spacers on!!!
    Anyway took the drum off only to find that the drive shaft oil seal is leaking and that the drum and the shoes are soaked in oil.

So after writting this I will be onto Rockauto for new shoes, an oil seal and I may as well fit a couple of new rear wheel cylinders as well as they look a bit past their best

So this is the sort of rubbish I end up with on nearly a daily basis hence no movement on the T or the Nova and the Corvette needs a few little bits of tlc again. Heyho I must try harder I suppose Lets see what this week brings.

If it aint one thing, its twelve others as me Pater usta say...

Suggest concentrating on one project at a time - naturally, the Corvette gets my vote.

Glad to know it is not just me that gets jobs piling up before I can finish one lol

I'll join that queue as well

Would love just one job at a time MJ, but need to keep other stuff going, thought the three projects could have gotten more attention this year but so far that isn't happening. but we will plod on regardless and hopefully something good will happen, maybe 28 hour days or something like that.

Was going to look at another X Fire for the misses today. Seller decided he can't wait for us to get to him even though we firmed all the details up last weekend.

Told him that if he couldn't wait for us he may as well go fuck himself. Shame as only 42K on the clock and seems very clean from the pics.

I learnt a long time ago not to want anything that much that I couldn't walk away from it. Done it so many times, only to find a equal or better deal down the road.

People today are just a waste of time and use valuable oxygen that something furry would benefit from.

I'm not sure what has happened to people in this day and age, yes I'm old now but even when young, if I said or someone else said that we would be there for whatever WE WOULD BE THERE. If I said I would buy something even if I only saw a picture of it I would buy it, my issue if I cocked up.

As you say walk away another one will come up.

Ha ha try holding a door open for someone or let them walk through a doorway and see how many thank you's you get or even a grunt.

God we are getting old lol maybe it should go in the Old Gits thread

Unfortunately its the "connected generation", so busy with all their devices they cant tell whats real or not.
    No time for any one other than themselves (there are always a few exceptions).
    They seem to have this strange sense of entitlement.
    One thing that springs to mind is trying to sell anything on the net these days, everyone wants it for nothing and wants you to deliver it for them for nothing!!!
    Right I'll stop now before I climb on my soapbox

Seems like our generation, according to the youth of today, are to blame for all the problems the world has.

Cant recall any of them refusing the latest X Box, phone or 300 quid trainers.

Go figure.