Thread: Datsun 180B SSS

Might as well be part of the furniture.

Datsun 180B SSS

A little while back it was mentioned about Datsun's and I posted that I used to have a 180B SSS, well having to look everywhere today for some paperwork that I really needed I came across some old photo's and these two were there. Take no notice of the feminine-looking long haired person at the wheel. (no one would recognise me today from these photo's).

These were taken out the back of the garage I used to work at, sometime around 1979, the car went like stink in comparison to the Ford's of the day and would spin up both rear wheel when doing burnouts. I once went in the burnout competition at Detling and was in third gear doing just under 90MPH when the clutch gave out I think I was optimistic trying to get into fourth gear and topping the ton on the spot, definitely didn't help matters.

Oh the joys of youthfulness.

Settling in
    SSS were nice motors, great pictures to still have

Carburetion 'sucks' !
    Driving 'round the M25 so fast the centrifugal force is forcing my face against the side window!
    The real 'trick' Datsun/Nissan to have was a Silvia turbo - simply 'turn up the wick' and go.......

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Fantastic photos! thanx for sharing em, and lucky you for having em.