Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Milner for PM!
    It should be at the end of November or beginning of December. Must remember to post details in advance. And I have a better excuse for not competing at Brooklands, which is that my car is still going through the V.S.C.C. eligibility process. Until it's been approved I can't enter anything competitive.

I have decided to enter a V.S.C.C. driving tour in Wales at the end of March. It'll be pleasant, no doubt, but most of the fun will be in trying to get there and back again.

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Excellent, Just don't keep wondering what people might think, say or do, the whole point for most of us is that we have FUN with our cars, whether it works or doesn't.

I've broken down (car that is) in loads of weird places and generally because I was cocking about and broke the car, getting home again has often been a whole other story to the event I went to.

That Datsun 180 I posted was a case in point, blew the clutch in a burnout competition at Detling show ground in front of maybe 2.5 to 3 thousand people, then had to be towed home the other side of London on a 6 foot tow rope (not exaggerating it was the only piece of rope we could find at the show ground), we drove straight through the centre of London as at the time the M25 wasn't built, had a few near misses at some roundabouts but we got there in the end without crashing Would I have done it again? yes and did, blew the rear axle in my Capri doing more burnouts, but the main thing was, I and my mates were having fun, we broke things and repaired them and broke them again probably. Enjoy the journey and the event, I doubt many of your friends would even entertain it.

Milner for PM!
    Good news from Postman Pat this morning - my V.S.C.C. eligibility document was returned with their seal of approval. Pity I have to wait until the autumn for driving tests and trials season to start again.

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    nearly there.