Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Might as well be part of the furniture.

End of the world thread [AGAIN]

Apparently were all doomed again
    COVID-19 Coronavirus kung-flu is the latest threat to us all.
    a bit of a sniffle for most sadly it will take a few of the old and infirm but no more so than many other diseases out there but because its new the whole world is slipping into full on panic mode.

me ? i,m keeping calm and carrying on until it blows over [chinese exports arent known for longevity!]
    no panic buying at wannaB towers i still have the stockpile i built up for brexit LOL.
    i have got through 3 bottles of high alcohol throat sanitizer as a precaution though

Milner for PM!
    As long as all my events planned for the summer go ahead, I really couldn't care what this Chinese lurgy does. All this fuss just because people need some Lemsip and a bit of a lie-down for a couple of weeks.

Avoiding crowded places is a good idea at the best of times anyway, not just during times of pestilence.

I'm guessing here, that most that have died were either old or had underline medical issues that they were probably not aware of. This means I'm buggered, old and decrepit so next sniffle I have the wife is going to have me put down.

A place I work at sometimes closed the office area as someone who had been at work for a week after returning from Singapore then had two days off, on the third day he came back to the office, sneezed and coughed for a while and the company closed that area down and made the guy go home, we all had to evacuate while they sent in a team of people (general cleaners on the site) to deep cleanse the area, what the hell was that all about. Don't get me wrong precautions probably need to be in place but they have no idea how to get rid of this otherwise we would all be vaccinated, so what did they clean the office with? a tickling stick and some hand sanitiser?, we were allowed back in 45 minutes.

Site Team
    I'm amazed that nobody has mentioned it before but surely I can't be the only one old enough to remember the Corona delivery trucks? Bit like an oversized Commer milk float, one used to do the rounds on a weekly basis in Borehamwood in the early 60's, delivering bottles of pop and collecting the empties for the deposit refund.

Happy days.

I tend to take these 'prophets of doom' scares with a pinch of salt and just carry on.

BUT this time as I am in one of the most vulnerable age groups and had a life threatening chest infection around a year ago I will be taking extra care.
    There is so many as yet unproven facts surrounding the strain of flu its seems a bit silly to just ignore what is obviously a fast spreading virus.

If I was younger and had a good set of lungs, I would say.... bring it on.

No panic buying just being a little careful.

G

Quote Originally Posted by 40Stude View Post
    I'm amazed that nobody has mentioned it before but surely I can't be the only one old enough to remember the Corona delivery trucks? Bit like an oversized Commer milk float, one used to do the rounds on a weekly basis in Borehamwood in the early 60's, delivering bottles of pop and collecting the empties for the deposit refund.

Happy days.
    Yeah we had them round here to when i was a nipper.
    old school recycling

The worst day in China was 10th Feb, 108 people died of Coronavirus.
    On the same day
    26,283 people died of cancer
    24,641 people died of heart disease
    4,300 people died of Diabetes
    Suicide took 28 times more lives than the virus did.

Mosquitoes kill 2,740 people every day
    Humans kill 1,300 fellow humans every day
    Snakes kill 137 people every day

We just need to keep things in perspective.
    Wash our hands a bit more and carry on, remember so far its all 'what if'

So last nights news started off with corona virus were all doomed etc followed by an article saying that climate change is a FAR bigger threat than corona.
    meanwhile An article in the Daily Express was headlined: “Asteroid warning: NASA tracks a 4KM asteroid approach – Could end civilisation if it hits.”
    jeez is it even worth getting out of bed?

REV JIM RACING.
    the only symptoms of corona i get are blurred vision,wobbly legs,and a headache the day after....

i have just got back from portugal and the only thing im suffering from is a bit of weight gain.....

Glad you got back from Portugal ok Mr Torment
    Mrs wannaB,s mate is on her way back from a Hawaiian cruise at the moment.
    The liner got held up off San Francisco for some reason
    When they disembarked it seems the US wanted rid of them toot suite as they flew them out on Kalitta air [yes that Kalitta ]