Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Site Team
    I think he knows something we don't but he's trying to keep a lid on it...

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Got firm grip on the situation

Site Team
    Quote Originally Posted by cptpugwash View Post
    Thanks, hope your keeping well. No not deserted just haven't been out and about much or doing car stuff, little offshoot of that is putting on about 3 stone and a mild case of agoraphobia, so finding self isolating a breeze at the min.
    Actually had the tools out for the first time in ages today trying to get an old generator to start after reading there might be a chance of power cuts. Imagine there won't be any, but figured it might keep the fridge/freezer going if there is. Picture on the wife's face when i mentioned there'd be no internet or mobile phone once the phone battery's died
    The local post offices have closed around here now too! thought they where meant to stay open

Wonder how long it's going to go on for, thinking maybe 6 months at the very least.
    We had a couple of power cuts 2 nights back but it wasn't the end of the world, just an outage fault at a junction apparently and they re-directed it. If it's any help the local PO in Shepperton High St. is open mornings. Good to see you back. I have no trouble isolating either as I enjoy solitude but a few friends are really struggling with it.

We had a power cut Thursday morning.only a few minutes though.

been out to the recycle bin and Mrs WannaB has added a cardboard tube to the handle

when i showed her Mr fads solution she just said "great minds think alike"

Quote Originally Posted by Plumpcars View Post
    We had a couple of power cuts 2 nights back but it wasn't the end of the world, just an outage fault at a junction apparently and they re-directed it. If it's any help the local PO in Shepperton High St. is open mornings. Good to see you back. I have no trouble isolating either as I enjoy solitude but a few friends are really struggling with it.
    Thanks will bear Sheppertons PO in mind, used to be a nice big one in Stains but its turned into a block of flats now.
    Do have a generator you can borrow, it is in about 100 bits though and waiting on some parts to arrive.

Found out the Sven Hassel books are available for the kindle so been reading them in the sun the first one was printed in 1953!
    Brought a copy of the first series of Happy Days on DVD too, their pretty good and even have a few hotrods in them.

Bangers and Cash is pretty good if anyone hasn't seen them and are looking for something to watch on tv, Carnival on Now TV's pretty good too.

Can't find any cardboard tubes to open the bin (wounder why their called mole grips)

When car guys are isolating and get bored!

Last edited by cptpugwash; 04-04-20 at 04:15 PM.

Ok I'll bite, why extending handles on recycling bins, when the only people using them are yourselves and even the bin men don't open the lids it's all done automatically, funny though the photo's are is there really any point?

Might add we don't have recycling bins at our place, well that's a lie, we do have them but we never use them and they have never been collected by the binmen ever.

Quote Originally Posted by stilltrying View Post
    Ok I'll bite, why extending handles on recycling bins, when the only people using them are yourselves and even the bin men don't open the lids it's all done automatically, funny though the photo's are is there really any point?

Might add we don't have recycling bins at our place, well that's a lie, we do have them but we never use them and they have never been collected by the binmen ever.
    Have 6 of the poxy things here ..cardboard, plastic, glass, food waste, regular bin and garden waste one that cost's an extra 55 a year!
    Often wounder where it all ends up, but hope your keep well

Best wishes to Borris for a speedy recovery

Captain, get a van for the agoraphobia, got a good friend that suffers but loves the car scene couldn't hack ordinary saloon so bought a forte van with v8 power, goes to runs and shows but if feeling a bit of a turn just parks up and hops in the back for a bit of a snooze, when back to "normal" carries on or goes home.

Weight wise I can't help as I also have put on a load recently and just can't seem to shift it, mind you I haven't tried that hard, not into keep fit or the gym

Nice to have you back