Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Posted elsewhere by me, but it fits in here even though we have managed to stay clear of all this crap on out little forum..

And here is the start of it; promoted by, you guessed it a big dollar sports concern...

The Premier League is looking at "clinical passports"to help get fans back into stadiums to watch matches, says chief executive Richard Masters.

The English top flight restarted in June and completed the 2019-20 season without supporters because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Masters, writing in The Times, said the Premier League was "willing to see how we can support the development of 'clinical passports' - an app-based system that looks at all symptoms and other Covid-19 contributing factors".

The 2020-21 season is scheduled to start on 12 September.

Professor James Calder - who has chaired the cross-sport working group with government and health officials on the return to sport - recently told BBC Sport that sports events are highly unlikely to have full capacity crowds this year.

He added that the whole of the next football season in England could be played in front of reduced capacities and crowd sizes could be further impacted if chanting is proven to heighten transmission risk.

Masters said the Premier League had a club working group liaising with the Sports Grounds Safety Authority and medical experts looking at "practical solutions" for the return of supporters.

He added a "wide-ranging fan consultation" was also taking place and their attendance at games would help provide a "boost to the whole game's economic viability in these challenging times".

"We are prepared to help lead football through trials of what is possible, investing in technology and best-practice steps to reduce risk and make the return of fans to grounds viable," said Masters.

"Test and trace will provide crucial support for getting fans back into the stands. We will urge supporters to be responsible and engage with this programme, helping to make football environments as safe as possible.

"We are considering all areas of a match day, from ticketing solutions, stadium seating allocation configuration and timed entries, to temperature checks and an in-seat food and drink service for fans.

"We will work with local authorities and clubs to seek solutions to local transport challenges such as introducing additional car parking and secure bicycle spaces and implementing park-and-walk schemes."

These people are unbelievable and the masses still support their crap

I agree with most all that is been said but this post was about trying to get people to realise they are not alone, no matter what they think and that all they need to do is ask or just talk.

Our small community has never been political and I don't think it needs to be, there are plenty of other similar sites that really do go with the flow and fair enough I do look in but here it's been nice and peaceful on that front. I only bumped it because of what happened to someone that I had a lot of time for but no-one knew what was really going on or said are you ok and then really listened, was it due to the lockdown? I don't know but some people do feel secluded and out of touch and obviously that's when things can get dark.

Seems I got it wrong; but this "clinical passports" makes me feel really anxious about the future and where we are heading....

The "clinical passports" to me sounds ambiguous at best,
    If it's to get into football or sporty events, then I read it a a put up job by the FA or the governing bodies, as they are hemorrhaging money and little coming in, Plus If the clubs have insurance ,are the policies going to cover that, the insurance will not cover any shortfall in profits. So the FA's clubs won't be able to pay the FA, who in turn won't be able to pay taxes.
    If supporters get the "clinical passports" then they can go back to supporting the club,and in my mind it's a feeble way to try to stimulate an economy.
    I think it's starting at the wrong end, .
    Consider it a pyramid scheme.
    Duncan Bannatyne is going spare as Sturgeon isn't opening his gyms and 600 people can't get back to work, in other word he's loosing money,
    Consider a gym environment for a moment, it's full of germs.
    The hardest stretched business is the NHS, and the policy loads more pressure on it
    I used Football as an example business, it applies in various forms.
    That alone cause me to question "clinical passports"...It's a con to get money through the doors

I had a look at the money involved , I looked a Leeds first then the one linked

https://footballleaguefc.com/manches...-player-wages/

The app? I have no faith in that method,

where we are heading..
    ??
    Last edited by dirth; 01-08-20 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wannaB View Post
    May i ask fabphil does your kind offer still stand ?.
    Still stands. If anyone wants to talk or knows anyone who would like to talk please PM me. All in strict confidence.

I will just say I'm not a trained councilor but I teach an understanding we all have already within us. Its just been hidden by what we call 'life'.

I have to say I agree with Roscobbc, best thing to do is not watch any news and just get on and live your life in a sensible manor.

Carburetion 'sucks' !
    Driving 'round the M25 so fast the centrifugal force is forcing my face against the side window!
    These 'unofficial' soundbites we are being 'fed' that seem to be coming through the media are starting to get really extreme now -
    1. closing down the pubs so the kids can go to school. wft!
    2. "Anyone over the age of 50 will be forced to stay at home" (to 'protect' the younger generation) FFS its the 'younger generation' who are ignoring the wearing of PPE and distancing.........(lock them up?)
    3. HMG supposedly has just done an evaluation on "closing down the M25 to 'cordon-off' London in the event of major second wave" I would normally say that you simply couldn't make this up (but someone quite obviously has!).

We're going off the thread here but, but, my point is that someone who is really having a life 'struggle' at this moment perhaps without a job, no income, living in a confined and overcrowded flat in a heavily congested part of town together maybe with health issues and perhaps kids 'mixing' with the wrong sort of people etc etc is going to find all this misinformation very difficult to deal with. You can see why some people might even take extreme measures and harm themselves and others.
    You must turn-off the media its being used to brainwash us.............
    Last edited by roscobbc; 04-08-20 at 08:15 AM.

I agree, The media has been weaponised ,
    Joseph Goebbels laid the foundation for what is going on today.
    The media "treaded water" for about 50 years then Alistair Campbell ramped it up.
    What bothers me is Campbell talks of his depression in the Blair years, but is completely unaware the damage he caused both nationally and personally

Milner for PM!
    Quote Originally Posted by roscobbc View Post
    These 'unofficial' soundbites we are being 'fed' that seem to be coming through the media are starting to get really extreme now -
    1. closing down the pubs so the kids can go to school. wft!
    2. "Anyone over the age of 50 will be forced to stay at home" (to 'protect' the younger generation) FFS its the 'younger generation' who are ignoring the wearing of PPE and distancing.........(lock them up?)
    3. HMG supposedly has just done an evaluation on "closing down the M25 to 'cordon-off' London in the event of major second wave" I would normally say that you simply couldn't make this up (but someone quite obviously has!).

We're going off the thread here but, but, my point is that someone who is really having a life 'struggle' at this moment perhaps without a job, no income, living in a confined and overcrowded flat in a heavily congested part of town together maybe with health issues and perhaps kids 'mixing' with the wrong sort of people etc etc is going to find all this misinformation very difficult to deal with. You can see why some people might even take extreme measures and harm themselves and others.
    You must turn-off the media its being used to brainwash us.............
    Ross, can I respectfully ask if you might to some extent have been affected by the brainwashing you rightly describe? I take exception to your blanket claim concerning young people and PPE/distancing, although obviously, for philosophical and philanthropic reasons, I am one of the people you describe. I work in a supermarket and a regular customer who is well over 70 was dreading the day when face masks became mandatory. He came in last week having decided to comply and told me how horrible he felt in the mask. I told him she should just take it off, since staff have no powers to enforce the law. He came back in today having made up his mind to rebel and his was the only happy face I saw all day. Come to think of it, it was the only face I saw full stop. There's also Lord Sumption, who has been making exactly the same points I was trying to make back in March:

The public loves having someone to hate and the government and media love to give them something to hate, or to fear, because that helps them sell copy/get elected. The 'Covidiot' folk villain was a necessary invention to drum up support for the government in a manner the self-righteous public would enjoy.

What makes you think PPE is necessary anyway? Back in April, we were explicitly told that wearing face masks was liable to do more harm than good? I don't believe year upon year of epidemiological research can be overturned at the drop of the hat unless it is with the intention of furthering an unscientific agenda.

Sadly, the damage has been done, and not by Covid, which is a mild virus with an extremely low mortality rate. While the deaths it has caused are sad, they are almost exclusively restricted to the very elderly with comorbidities, and everyone has to die of something. Had governments, the media and academia not made such a concerted effort to make us scared, we wouldn't even have noticed it.

I said at the start of it all that we were walking right into totalitarianism, and that the consequences would be worse for all of us then spending two weeks with the sniffles. That is what has done the damage - placing people under house arrest, wrecking their businesses, destroying their social lives, denying children their education and scare story after scare story after scare story.

We must get back to normal. The government won't let us, and the media will attack us if we try, so the only way to stay mentally healthy now is to question everything you hear and think for yourself, then, in the words of Sonny Boy Williamson, let your conscience be your guide.

To finish, Martin Luther has exactly the words I'm looking for: "I cannot and will not recant anything, for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. Here I stand. I can do no other. So help me God."

Apologies if I am taking this off-topic. I'm happy to take questions/flak via PM if I would otherwise run the risk of souring the mood of the forum.

N I-J
    I said at the start of it all that we were walking right into totalitarianism, and that the consequences would be worse for all of us then spending two weeks with the sniffles. That is what has done the damage - placing people under house arrest, wrecking their businesses, destroying their social lives, denying children their education and scare story after scare story after scare story.
    Agree that not to say I don't disagree with the rest with the rest of the post
    I'll try to not go all political cos then I become even more of a pain in the erse.
    Very few recognise that it has become a totalitarian state,
    I seriously worry about Johnson and Trump honestly they're not clever, the money that is getting spent, at some point that's going to have to be paid.
    By who? look in a mirror
    Add to that, Cummins is an anarchist

Today's youth.....what I have noticed the loud jumping about is groups punching each other , constant texting, seems to have vanished ,
    the groups seem to be less that 4 and speak civilly and quietly.I doubt that'll be all over
    Last edited by dirth; 04-08-20 at 08:13 PM.