Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Carburetion 'sucks' !
    Driving 'round the M25 so fast the centrifugal force is forcing my face against the side window!
    quote 2. "Anyone over the age of 50 will be forced to stay at home" (to 'protect' the younger generation) FFS its the 'younger generation' who are ignoring the wearing of PPE and distancing.........(lock them up?) endquote
    Zak - 'younger generation' was a simple generalisation - how can you rightly take offence knowing that we know that you are more mature than many double your age! - The fact is that certain groups in society are perhaps of the belief that they won't be affected (young, old whatever) - when in reality all groups are equally at risk. As I'm afraid are religious and ethnic groups and those unfortunate enough who live in extreme close confinement. I'm sorry if it offends but the facts are there for us all to see. Who would have thought that being a taxi driver, bus driver or store worker would potentially be a life threatening occupation. No options for those poor mofo's to work from home......
    Last edited by roscobbc; 04-08-20 at 10:36 PM.

Milner for PM!
    Quote Originally Posted by roscobbc View Post
    quote 2. "Anyone over the age of 50 will be forced to stay at home" (to 'protect' the younger generation) FFS its the 'younger generation' who are ignoring the wearing of PPE and distancing.........(lock them up?) endquote
    Zak - 'younger generation' was a simple generalisation - how can you rightly take offence knowing that we know that you are more mature than many double your age! - The fact is that certain groups in society are perhaps of the belief that they won't be affected (young, old whatever) - when in reality all groups are equally at risk. As I'm afraid are religious and ethnic groups and those unfortunate enough who live in extreme close confinement. I'm sorry if it offends but the facts are there for us all to see. Who would have thought that being a taxi driver, bus driver or store worker would potentially be a life threatening occupation. No options for those poor mofo's to work from home......
    No offence taken here. As I say, your generalisation does in fact describe me perfectly (n.b., where distancing is concerned, I will obviously keep a distance from the very elderly or anyone who asks politely - that's just basic respect). I wasn't meaning to contest your claim about young people, so much as to point out that there are lots of over-70s who also think the whole thing is a load of bollocks.

It's the same with supermarket workers and bus drivers, incidentally. Between my supermarket and the one my sister works in, there are around 400 employees and not a single one has been ill with anything flu-like, so naturally none of them want to wear masks. There was an anti-lockdown protest in London on Saturday and that drew waves of support from bus drivers and dustmen.

I was just questioning what I interpreted as a bit of a 'them and us' mentality of the kind occasionally endorsed in the tabloids, as in 'stupid, selfish young people' versus 'vulnerable old people'. Other media types tried to create the same sense of division over the E.U. referendum, but back then it was 'bigoted, selfish old people' versus 'righteous, open-minded young people'. A 'them and us' situation has been created around Covid, for sure, but age shouldn't come into it. It all comes down to good people versus bad people.

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Just done a quick Google.

There have been just over 46 thousand deaths in the UK linked to Covid in a population of 66.5 million.

That's not even 0.1% of the population so what is all the fuss about??? You have to ignore all the media and make your own decisions.

There is a virus out there but how bad is it actually?

I fully appreciate people have died because of it, but as mentioned above you will all die of something at some point.

If your number is up there is little you can do...

To be quite honest I wouldn't trust a 'mainstream' company to publish anything that has got any real substance of fact behind it.

Now Guys, we are slowly slipping into the malaise of modern day bullshit on our little forum. It may be my mistake for starting it but I thinks its time to go back to car stuff and leave all this crap to the less intelligent and easily manipulated members of modern society.

Published figures are like opinion, everyone has a different number based on their agenda. You will not and never will find the truth on any search engine that sells advertisements and sponsorship... they are like cheap whores who will take a dollar to give you some satisfaction for a brief moment in time.

You guys are all more than intelligent and way beyond the norm so forget the people who are playing us for their profit and power trips and just chill out like we did at santa pod all those years ago............

Published figures are like opinion, everyone has a different number based on their agenda. You will not and never will find the truth on any search engine that sells advertisements and sponsorship... they are like cheap whores who will take a dollar to give you some satisfaction for a brief moment in time.
    Could i correct that , it should read "they are cheap whores who will take every dollar"

i intend to restrict my use of and discussion of the "C" word to the end of the world thread so easy to avoid. if i slip up and post a covid post anywhere else feel free to pull me up .
    i have plenty of other stuff for other more relevant threads .

Thats a nice teaser pic Mr fad we need more of this sort of thing.
    what have you guys got ?