Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Milner for PM!

Mystery Car Competition

While all the car shows are off, a lot of owners seem to be heading for the Surrey Hills and motoring along the A25. All good stuff and every so often there'll be something a bit unusual 'twixt the MGBs and Austin-Healeys. I saw something unusual yesterday, viz.:

If you know what it is, say so. If you don't, feel free to have an educated guess or a wild stab in the dark.

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    it's a triumph but guess at a gt6 mk2

I`m thinking a modified TR4 going by the back wings

Very TR4 / 5 at the back

found these with very little info

Triumph TR S compétition usine 1960
    4 cyl 1985 cc double arbre
    4 exemplaires construits
    24 H du Mans, 1961 #26 Les Leston / Rob Slotemaker 11éme

20180208 Paris Rétromobile - Triumph TR S -927 HP -(1960)- (1) by anhndee, on Flickr

Paris Rétromobile - Triumph TR S -927 HP

that's all I can find

Is that right???? NINE HUNDRED AND TWENTY SEVEN HP. Out of a 2 litre 4 banger back then.
    Well I'm impressed. We struggled to get 2 to 250 BHP

Quote Originally Posted by fad15 View Post
    Is that right???? NINE HUNDRED AND TWENTY SEVEN HP. Out of a 2 litre 4 banger back then.
    Well I'm impressed. We struggled to get 2 to 250 BHP
    french to english conversion must be even higher percentage than american to english!

a bit more foraging....

1960 Works LeMans team car TRS 927 HP, Sabrina engine For Sale
    For sale is my ultra rare Triumph TRS. One of four ever built. Totally different to any road going or Rallye Triumph. Genuine car with running twin cam Sabrina engine. The famous twin cam engine of which only about 10 were ever built. Everything special, no standard block, one off crankshafts, one off flywheels, one off housings, experimental con rods and pistons and so on. (the only standard items are fuel pump, water pump and distributor ! ) Very original, no doubt , no reconstruction. A real piece of British motor history! Le Mans 1960 : Peter Bolton, Ninian Sanderson : dnf. due to valve clearance issue , Le Mans 1961: Les Leston, Rob Slotemaker :Team price 61- Three Triumph started / Three Triumph finished! Can be seen in. all sorts of historic documents, photos, film, internet.... More details or price on serious inquiries. Car is located in Germany, half an hour from Frankfurt airport. Appointment for inspection welcome.

and another link....https://silodrome.com/triumph-trs/
    Last edited by camaroSid; 22-05-20 at 06:32 PM.

Milner for PM!
    We have a winner.

The 1960 Triumph TRS was one of four built as Triumph works entries for the 1960 and '61 Le Mans races. The cars all finished in 1960 but were too slow to be placed. In 1961, they placed 9th, 11th and 15th overall, crossing the line in formation five years before the GT40s would do the same. 927 HP was the 11th-placed car.

The Michelotti body predated the TR4 and the engine was the specially-developed 20X 'Sabrina' unit of 1985cc with twin-overhead camshafts. At the front of the engine, attached to the camshaft cover are two domed housings containing the chain-driven cam gear sprockets. This prompted a certain Triumph engineer to think of Sabrina, Arthur Askey's assistant who also was possessed of two large round things, though I don't think she used hers to contain cam gear sprockets.
    Last edited by Nigel Incubator-Jones; 23-05-20 at 07:40 AM.

ok, as I was clamed the winner I will set you the next task

why is this car know/famous