Thread: Penalty charges

Might as well be part of the furniture.

Penalty charges

Just had a nice present from London Borough of Newham.

A penalty notice for 130 for "failing to comply with a no entry restriction" in Temple Mills Lane.

Did the obvious thing and checked online and sure enough the pics are me driving down what looks like a normal road in the dark.
    When checking on street view, in daylight, there are signs there that also state buses and cycles only.

The annoying thing was as with most things these days I was using my tech, i.e. Waze sat nave app. It directed me to that route in the first place as it was better than the A13 at the time, being dark and in an unfamiliar part of London I just followed directions, lesson learned.

They obviously realise they can monetise the situation because they have strapped a camera to the lamp post nearest the junction.

Just paid 65 as within two weeks

Manchester has the bus gateway on oxford road and you can't see the sign's even in daylight as they are angled so you only see them after you have turned into the road
    Last edited by a40custom; 21-11-20 at 05:02 PM.

I feel your pain oin this. I got caught years ago stopped in a bus lane in the city trying to find a road that the A-Z said was on my right but it had been pedestrianised, I pulled over to check the details and with out any bullshit I was stopped for no more than 60 seconds, with my hazard lights on. This was at something like 00.45 on a Sunday, not a bloody bus, car or taxi passed me and as soon as I had figured out where I needed to go I was off. Camera caught me and I got 130 fine and that was over 15 years ago!!! Tried to explain in a letter but it got squashed out of hand.
    I also hate the fact that whenever you get a ticket it is like they are doing you a favour by saying if you pay within 14 days the fine is halved BOLLOCKS is it, the fine is the half price and if you don't pay in the 14 days it then increases, don't try saying it is a higher fine but you get a reduced figure for prompt payment. BASTARDS.
    And Islington borough can go ***k itself as well "Proud to be the first borough to implement a blanket 20mph limit" or something like that, You can drive along and be overtaken (well usually undertaken) by licra clad idiots, and the speed cameras are very high up, some over 20 feet in the air so you don't really see them.
    Sorry for moaning but this sort of thing just gets me so annoyed. BASTARDS BASTARDS BASTARDS!!!!!!

Two certainties in life "death and taxes"
    if the covid don't get ya the camera will !
    Fk em and get on with life

Stilltrying - Totally agree with your sentiment, its just a fund raising exercise but they will just say you should have seen the signs! BASTARDS!!!
    wannaB - wife said " just pay it and get over it". Unfortunately its all you can do other wise the cost just multiplies. BASTARDS!!!
    I'm off to have a beer, or several...

It's weird... I turned 60 the other week and its noticeable how much grumpier I've got with the world in general.
    It's just full of complete f*ckwits screwing everything up (except the guys on here of course)

Carburetion 'sucks' !
    Driving 'round the M25 so fast the centrifugal force is forcing my face against the side window!
    I'm driving (or was before lockdown) regularly within London and some of these cocksucker/lefty/subversive/non-UK originating councillor led authorities deliberately plan yellow box junctions and traffic signs to catch the unwary. They include Islington, Harringay, Tower Hamlets and Westminster oddly enough. Perhaps one should do what some of the 'invisible' illegal immigrant hoards who drive in to congestion charge areas do - false number plates - find a car the same as your yours, same colour etc and let someone else get the tickets and fines......
    Last edited by roscobbc; 22-11-20 at 10:15 PM.