Might as well be part of the furniture.

Shipping from the states

Want to get a few small bits from Rockauto, I have used them before for some big items and not had any issues, however I have had stuff sent from other places that the Royal Mail end up with and then got charged something like 10 for handling on top of the import duties
    I can get the items I want via Fedex or Post, does anyone know for sure if by post I will get the Royal Mail handling charge as well or not.
    VAT is paid via Rockauto when I buy the items.

Site Team
    Quote Originally Posted by stilltrying View Post
    Want to get a few small bits from Rockauto, I have used them before for some big items and not had any issues, however I have had stuff sent from other places that the Royal Mail end up with and then got charged something like 10 for handling on top of the import duties
    I can get the items I want via Fedex or Post, does anyone know for sure if by post I will get the Royal Mail handling charge as well or not.
    VAT is paid via Rockauto when I buy the items.
    I've ordered lots of stuff for my Studebaker from RockAuto, always paid in pounds, all duties paid with the order, delivered by FedeX, no problems.
    Last order was for a brake master cylinder at the end of November, delivered to my door in around four days. I wouldn't even consider using USPS as it will end up with the Post Office at this end and you will almost certainly get hit with a handling fee.

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Thanks, yes, I always pay in pounds and the VAT is calculated and paid at the time of purchase.
    USPS is not an option as I take offence to the Post Office charging for doing basically bugger all. I even cancelled an ebay purchase as the guy would only send via USPS.
    Because the items I am buying are very small Rockauto has the option for post rather than Fedex and is a fair bit less expensive but if the post office get a hold of it then it works out more expensive.
    I might just give it a go and see what happens, if I get caught out then at least I will know for the future.