Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ANDY S
    Hello all well its stopped raining at last for one day at least so I had a bit of time on the truck today, so I got it uncovered today & we took it for a spin. Recently a very good friend of mine bought me a new carb from the States while on holiday & what a difference it makes .We now have full throttle where as we were only getting half throttle. He also got me some new hydraulic tappets but sadly I cant get they old ones out unless I strip the engine as the must have mushroomed out to much never mind they were peanuts out there. I have also fitted a rev counter to the steering column making a bracket out of a jubilee clip & some plate I think it looks pretty cool. Also fitted some new after market gauges t replace the one that were mucking about. I have fitted some standard wheels for now to save the chrome wheels from the weather so its more of a standard look for now. Here are some pictures I took today all the best Andy.

Last edited by ANDY S; 16-02-14 at 05:32 PM.

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    it turned out really nice Andy, a credit to you. Hopefully this summer will give you both lots of time to use the truck

ANDY S
    Hello Jimmy thanks for that all the best Andy

ANDY S
    Hello all just a quick update as we had a good day yesterday I finally bucked up the courage to modify the steering arm on the truck to allow for the new type track rod ends to be fitted with a new track rod as well. I firstly trilled the bottom of the arms out with various pilot holes then finally drilled out with an 1/2 drill most of the way down the ball stud as I do not have a press & it just punched out so panic over, here is a few pictures of the horrible old track rod with a heavy bar arc welded on & the nice new track rod & ends. All the best Andy

PS SORRY ABOUT SOME OF THE PICTURE QUALITY

ANDY S
    Hello all its been a while since I have posted anything I got fed up with the annoying knocking noise from the engine so I was looking for a good second hand engine 2 or 3 came up on eBay for silly money 4-6 hundred pounds they all listed them at least 2-3 times. I did phone up about 1 on eBay but the guy would not move on the price even though he could not sell it. So I put an advert in the window at wheels day a great show run by the NSRH & I got a couple of phone calls for 2 engines. One turned out to be the larger engine a 292 that had been rebuilt but the engine mounts were in the wrong place the other one the guy wanted 130.00 he said the engine smoked first thing in the morning he thought was valve stem oil sills he was spot on you could see the oil running down the valves when I took the manifold off. He also said he thought a lifter was noisy first thing but on removing the rocker cover I found the lifters needed adjusting. So I removed the head gave it a de-coke & fitted new valve stem oil seals & fitted a new head gasket etc. I removed the old engine from the truck & re fitted the new engine back in. She was a bit of a problem to start at fist so I poured some petrol down the carb & she fired up to life once it had run I put all the radiator back in & re-adjusted the lifters & she runs perfect with no nocking noises & is a different truck all together (you can now here the radio over 45mph) result. I also removed the home made gearbox cross member & fitted a new purpose built one off the shelf. Also while the engine was out I tided up the front cross member where they had cut it to take the engine I welded a plate in where they had chopped it out & also tided up the engine mounting brackets as well all the best Andy.

ANDY S
    Hello all its been a while since I have posted anything on here but over the last couple of days I have been fitting the wife's new bed cover for her truck I purchase from Rusty Dick imports so much nicer than having all those horrible buttons along the bed top here is a few pictures all the best Andy.

ANDY S
    Hello all just a bit of an update with the wife's truck we were finding it hard to steer we had a lot of wandering we tried a steering damper which helped but not greatly . This put the wife off of driving it to far so we decided to look into a power steering conversion. We liked the way it looked so we went the kit that Classic Parts of America list on there website. So I ordered it through Jamie at TOP SPEED who sorted all the kit out including steering column & the bracket kit from David's speed shop in America for the power steering /Alternator brackets to allow me to fit a power steering pump. They fitted great the only problem I had was CPOA supplied me the wrong box so had to send me another one over F.O.C . I also fitted a nice chrome alternator just to finish the pickup off. It steers so much better the real test wheel be when I fit the chrome wheels back on as its on it standard wheels at the moment. Here are a few pictures atb Andy. Also a big thank you to my brother for making me a spacer for the fan which needed to be 15mm

ANDY S
    Well its been a long time since posting anything about the truck well summertime is here I changed the wheels over for the summer so it just needs a good clean .

Might as well be part of the furniture.
    Nice truck, makes a change to see a shiny one

ANDY S