Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
    Might as well be part of the furniture.

Desparado
    Got my Silverado back from the body shop after a few mods.

^^^that looks very nice.
    I do have one question tho, and Im serious, not being a smartass [for once]. Do you have some 'issues' occasionally with parking, and even navigating some streets? I dont know as Ive never been there, but from photos Ive seen and descriptions Ive been given, I would think that there are plenty of places that a crew cab pickup just wont readily fit.

MJ yes we do have issues, especially in car parks where the bays are not that wide but the above my have more issues with the length. My K2500 is long enough to protrude past the average parking bay length, but on the plus side we don't have to worry about the stupid pimple speed humps we seem to have a lot of round my way.

I had the extended cab version, and regarding parking bays,I tended to use the the ones that were 90 degrees to the traffic flow and reversed in

Desparado
    Its ok on the roads John, but as others have said parking can be a pain. Mines a short bed, so goes around 20'. Long bed Duallys are def too big over here.
    Still thinking I should had had a reversing camera in the rear bumper tho. Now its all colour coded, I'm even more cautious.

Long bed Duallys are def too big over here.
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by 57peppershaker View Post
    Still thinking I should had had a reversing camera in the rear bumper tho. Now its all colour coded, I'm even more cautious.
    I'd definitely recommend a reverse camera. We've got one on one of our cars and I actually kinda miss it when I use one of the others as you can reverse right up within an inch compared to just guessing and being 2-3 feet away when getting out.
    They're getting pretty cheap now so well worth spending on something like that, especially like you say, with fresh paint. Looks ace.

back up camera? no problem ; my guys over at Audio Advice can have ya fixed up within a day. just send the truck to me and Ill take care of it for ya...

in re: Crew Cab Duallys - I imagine! there are places over here that are too tight; cannot imagine trying to wheel one thru that Green and Pleasant Lands winding, bucolic lanes. OR trying to park one anywhere near the centre of town.
    First one I ever drove belonged to Larry R of funnycar fame. For whatever reason, Larry needed something in Tulsa and asked me to go get it. I agreed immediately and started out the garage door. Larry hollered 'here, take my truck' and tossed me the keys to his Crew Cab Dually. naturally, i HAD to look cool and agree, even tho i was scared stiff, but hopped in the big mustard and white hued truck and took off. Everything was fine [sorta] til I got off the expressway onto Sheridan rd. Sheridan was/is one of the main north / south thoroughfares in Tulsa, but was designed and poured to be a two lane road those many years ago at its inception. However, with Tulsas rapid expansion to the south and east in the early 70s, TPTB decided to magically turn it into a 4 lane thoroughfare by simple repainting the stripes...eliminating any shoulder or room for error in the process.
    I dont remember exactly what i was sent to fetch, nor my destination, the psychological trauma of driving Larrys almost new truck down Sheridan having wiped my memory nearly clear of the whole incident, but the terror of herding that behemoth down that narrow street in mid-afternoon traffic, scared to death of curbing a wheel on the right side or running into someone on the other still occasionally causes me to wake in the middle of the night on sweat soaked sheets...

i park using the crunch method!