Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    Might as well be part of the furniture.
    A bit more done, the tank is now secured to the frame, all the pipes from the tank to the front are in as are the filter/solenoid, the reducer, the mixer and the heater hoses.
    The latter were a nightmare as a previous owner or a garage had fitted the heater hoses to the heater matrix with the jubilee clips facing the opposite way to where you can access the heater hose tails, why I have no idea as it must have been difficult unless the body was propped up off the frame at the time. Anyway to get over the issue I had to remove the cill covers, secured with self tapping screws as well as some threaded ones, and yes you have guessed correct, the threaded ones snapped off so I had to drill out the remaining threads and re-tap them. All in all, just to connect two heater hoses took over three hours. Don't you just love old cars
    so the tank in place looking through the petrol flap hole

The reducer fitted with all pipes, hoses etc.

and the mixer

I can also use my spare wheel as I had hoped as well so happy with that.
    Now I need to source the petrol tank and wire it all up, only issue with the wiring is that the instructions are just a few basic outlines of bits of kit and the text is in Italian. Best ooglegoogle translation has got me to a point where I am confident I can get it to work but the fuel level indicator is going to give me grief as the instructions appear to show just one wire going to possibly two bits of kit and the wiring kit has three wires as does the tank sender unit, all good you would think BUT NO, the three wires of the wiring kit do not correspond to the colours of the wires on the sender, trial and error will be the order of the day I think.

In other news, today I set to and rubbed down the rear panel to get rid of all the runs in the paint, not too bad, got nice and smooth with only a few places where the primer is showing through, so only need to spray the top coat on again and try not to get over exited this time. Also rubbed the headlight flaps. So next up will be finish the rear panel, wire the system and source a petrol tank (this I may have done but it is a bit expensive).
    Last edited by stilltrying; 18-07-21 at 09:15 PM.

Good to see some progress. Looking forward to going for a ride when its finished

Going for a ride will have to wait a bit longer as yesterday (in the scorching heat) I started to ATTACK the front wings and then got completely stupid and removed the paint from the wings, nose and the bonnet. No DA so what do you use?

Then I got a bigger blade and after about three hours we end up with this

I just got a bit carried away, it was a bit like picking a scab, just couldn't stop. I had no intention of going this far but now, sod it, back garden respray it will be. If that comes out reasonable I am then going to fit it up and drive the damn thing, the interior and anything else can wait, HONEST!!!

Still attacking the bodywork inbetween the down pours, really must clear a garage out of crap one day so I can work undercover.

90% of the front end is now done. Just have to do some small repairs and finish off round the wheel arches and bonnet sides.

Started on the back bit.

I'm going to rub everything down as far as possible before starting to do any filler work, this hopefully will keep me from flitting from one bit of the car to another. Fingers crossed.